Villach: personal documents

From passports to birth certificates. From resident parking permits to name changes. In this area you will find information on all personal documents that you can apply for in the Villach town hall.


A travel document is required for each border crossing. Passports must be applied for in person in the city service (main entrance of the town hall).

Read morePassport

Vaccination certificate

The vaccination certificate provides a quick summary of which vaccinations have already been received and which are still pending. Our health departement also issues vaccination recommendations.

Read moreVaccination certificate


A registration procedure is necessary when someone relocates to or within Austria. In the event of emigration abroad from Austria, de-registration is required.
Registration and de-registration is mandatory.


To Registration-ServiceRegistration-Service

Lost property service

Lost property can be handed over to the lost property service in the entrance area of the town hall. Lost property can be searched for throughout Austria using the online lost property office http://fundamt.gv.at.

To the lost property officeLost property service

Marriage / civil partnership

Here you can find information about the registration for the civil ceremony, the necessary documents and you can reserve your wedding date.

Read moreMarriage / civil partnership

Certificate of citizenship

The application for the issuance of a certificate of citizenship can only be made in person (or by the legal representative in the case of underage persons).

Read moreCertificate of citizenship

Acknowledgement of paternity

The father of a child born out of wedlock can acknowledge the paternity of his child for the purpose of the birth certificate and he will then be entered on the birth certificate of the child. 

Read moreAcknowledgement of paternity

Birth certificate

The registry office of the City of Villach is responsible for the certification of all births that occur in the Villach municipality.

Read moreBirth certificate

Certification in the event of death

As of 1 November 2014, a death (issuance of a death certificate) can be certified at any Austrian registry office. This official procedure is normally handled by an undertaker.

Read moreCertification in the event of death

Issuance of certificates

We issue the following certificates in German or as an international certificate (multilingual) on request: Birth certificate, Marriage certificate or Death certificate.

Read moreIssuance of certificates

Migration and Residence

Information about migration and residence in Villach

Read moreMigration and Residence

Leaving the church

Children reach religious maturity at the age of 14, this means that they can independently declare that they are leaving the church or religious society.

Read moreLeaving the church

Name change

The change of the surname of a person must take place either by way of a name determination at the registry office or as an official name change at the district administrative authorities.

Read moreName change